全球化的世代,全球化的現代
面對迎面地而來的外國人,你的記憶卻始終停留在小學
How are you? I'm fine, thank you. And you?
食衣住行,吃喝玩樂
855句飯店實用應對英語
聽懂對方說什麼,也讓對方聽懂你在說什麼!
▎Front Office Department 前檯部
一進飯店聽到英文就當機,支支吾吾說了半天還是說不清。
記好幾句基礎英文,找好飯店,晚上休息充飽電!
The reception desk is just over there. This way, please.
接待處就在那裡,這邊請。
Do you have a reservation with us?
您有預訂嗎?
That was a single room, wasn't it?
您預訂的是一間單人房,對嗎?
If you need anything, just call the reception. The number is 0.
如有什麼需要,請撥0與接待處聯繫。
Are you checking out today?
您今天要退房嗎?
Here's your bill. Please check it.
這是您的帳單,請您過目。
▎Housekeeping Department 客房部
房間設備壞了,什麼東西缺了少了,
卻因為英語不好遲遲不敢提出要求?
出國玩錢都付了,就別讓自己過得那麼委屈!
I'd like one more blanket. I feel a little bit cold.
我想再要一床毛毯,我覺得有點冷。
May I have some more writing-paper?
再給我一些信紙,好嗎?
Sorry to disturb you, but may I clean your room now?
對不起打擾一下,現在可以打掃您的房間嗎?
Will you come back later?
請你等一下再來,好嗎?
The toilet is blocked.
馬桶堵塞了。
The water tap drips all night.
水龍頭滴了一整夜水。
A repairman/electrician will come and check it right away.
修理人員馬上就會來檢查一下。
▎Food & Beverage Department 餐飲部
開開心心想要吃頓好料,怎麼點、點什麼,你都該知道,
就算英文能力不好,也因為不要隨便亂點只能吃草!
I'd like to book a table for four for this evening at 7:30.
我想訂一張今晚7:30的四人桌。
I'm sorry, we're not open on Mondays.
對不起,我們星期一不營業。
Would you like to order now?
您想現在點菜嗎?
What's the soup of today?
今天的例湯是什麼?
I'd suggest the chef's delight――roast pigeon.
我建議您點廚師的拿手菜――烤鴿子肉。
Could we have muffin instead of toast?
我們可以不要吐司換成小鬆餅嗎?
We'd like to try some spirits. What do you suggest?
我們想來點白酒。你有什麼推薦?
How would you like your eggs cooked, boiled, fried or scrambled?
您想要什麼樣的雞蛋,煮的、煎的還是炒的?
Make it over easy.
(雞蛋)兩面稍煎一下。
▎Health & Recreation Center 康樂中心
想用用看飯店設施嗎?
簡單幾句,溝通不用再靠翻譯機!
How would you like your hair done?
您想要什麼髮型?
My hair is growing too gray. I want it dyed.
我的白髮不少,我想染一下。
Welcome to the gym. The number of your locker, please?
歡迎來到健身中心。請問您的鎖櫃鑰匙號碼?
I'II try to run on the treadmill.
我想試試跑步機。
What types of dance are there tonight?
今晚都有什麼舞蹈?
There are disco, tango, and to finish with rock-and-roll.
有迪斯科、探戈,最後以搖滾結束。
本書特色
語言限制了你的溝通能力嗎?學習旅遊英文讓你出國更開心!本書分為前檯部、客房部、餐飲部、會展中心、康樂中心五大部分,適合飯店接待人員,亦適合不諳英語又想稍微加強英語的讀者閱讀練習。書末更附錄國家、客房用品、餐點等各類單字,讓讀者能夠隨時替換。期待讀者閱讀後能靈活運用玩得盡興!